Sunday, June 22, 2008

Textbook of Medical Physiology

Textbook of Medical Physiology


This book is exceptional at explaining physiology. During my first year in medical school I used Principles of Anatomy and Physiology as the text for medical physiology and I found it to be a very good text. But reviewing physiology during my second year I used the text by Guyton and I couldn't believe how well written and clear it was. Both texts are excellent and I give both 5 stars, but I would definately recommend Guyton for a first read, and then Principles of Anatomy and Physiology.

I recommend supplementing reading in Respiratory physiology by West or weinburg, Renal Physiology by rose or vander, and GI with Johnson. Cardiology use cardiology essentials. Endocrine, Guyton is good. Nerve and Muscle physiology use Berne and Levy; and Neurophysiology I highly recommend reading Neuroscience by Purves and Essentials of Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology by Gilman.



0 komentar: